Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We Love Parades


We absolutely love parades. The kids want to enter themselves. All in due time.
We started attending the Veteran's Day parade several years ago. It is sad that it is so poorly attended. We will always offer our support. I know I'm a softie, but it always brings tears to my eyes to be able to honor our veterans. What a great way for the kids to honor them and learn.


Auburn's Parade of Lights was a hit as always. For the past several years we have been meeting other family members for dinner at Trejo's (local family owned Mexican restaurant). The parade travels right in front of the restaurant.
So, we arrive early to set up our chairs, move in for dinner, and then back out in time for the parade. People are getting there earlier and earlier every year to stake out spots with their chairs.
It never ceases to be cold. But the kids really enjoy it. Last year my mom brought hand warmers. They were wonderful!! This year we added hot chocolate to our repertoire. Of course, the usual, long underwear, hats gloves, coats, blankets and of course each other. We fight to have Logan sit in our lap.
I have to say that I was disappointed this year. There was way too much advertising in the floats. I hope that changes next year. Maybe I'll have to put my two cents in.
Happy Holidays to you all!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP