Saturday, August 22, 2009

Soccer Has Started


Here are just a few pictures of our first games. It was the "Soccerama". It was like a seeding tournament, but they are not allowed to call it such.
It was a VERY HOT day! Trevor's games were from 9 to noon. He played three 20 minute games. Two of the games were back to back, and his team was short players. They had no time to rest. He did an amazing job. He scored two goals in one game and another goal in a second game. He also blocked a goal when his goalie was WAY outside the goalie box. Trevor has a habit of covering other positions.

Kelsey didn't get to play forward today at all. Her games were from 12:30 to 3:00. Her games were 25 minutes, and she, too, had two games back to back. She stepped up and took on the role of goalie when no one else on her team was willing to. This was her first time, and she really impressed me. By the third game, she was beat!! Her team in the last game pretty much left her to do everything.
She's kind of excited to learn play that position. She's already begging me to go to school to practice and learn.
Logan's team does not participate in the tournament and Justin's coach (me) declined the invitation. I don't know how I would have fit another set of games in today.
By the way, I am a little crazy. I'm coaching Logan and Justin. I'm also assisting with Kelsey's team. Somehow, I hope to see a few of Trevor's games.
Soccer is our life in the fall. Everything revolves around it. But, the kids love it, so that's why we do it. It's all for the love of the game!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP