Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Day!!


Okay, I planned on spending the day working around the house, and I did (a little). I've been trying to get the new laundry room and pantry done. It's been a long process. I try to fit in a bit of work here and there. We finally got the washer and dryer in the laundry room. That was quite a project. The girls did a great job of cleaning out the pantry while Fred and I were at basketball practice. So we got the appliances moved and stuff put back in the pantry yesterday (New Years Eve) before Kelsey's New Years Eve party. Well, today I tried to do laundry and was having water problems. I figured out what the problem was - new pipes mean dirty pipes. Fred and I got them all cleaned out and the laundry is back up and going. Whoop-Dee-Doo!
While caulking and prepping walls for painting, we got an invitation to go play football. It's New Years Day so we obviously couldn't pass that up!
I took so many pictures, but I couldn't possibly put them all up. So these are just a few. The first ones are of the kids playing at the park after the injury (read on and you'll understand).
The kids had lots of fun. I didn't dare play due to my Thanksgiving knee injury that is still recovering. My attempt at soccer didn't turn out so well. Kaley got to try her hand out at QB. An interception luckily didn't daunt her spirits at all. Logan was supposed to be the center. He lasted only a few plays and was ready to go play at the playground. Trevor of course never misses and opportunity to tease anyone! Justin had fun ripping off flags off anyone that happened to be too close to him. He also preferred to tackle, usually Trevor. Everyone else was a little above his capacity to attempt the take down. Kelsey was her usual cheerful self, having to be called back to the game for each play. Abby, the dog, was more fun to play with. Those huddles were just too boring for her to stick around. You wouldn't know it by the pictures, but we had to drag Fred to come play with us. He had to be reminded that he could DVR the football games! The bad thing that happened was that
"Uncle Warner" ended our fun early when something popped in his leg. He heard it and so did I.
The Williams have become like family to us. The kids all have so much fun together. They are now "cousins", aunt and uncle, although Kaley calls Karen, Second Mom. The kids all make up games no matter what they are doing.
Well, that was our leap into this new leap year!

3 comments:

vanessa

Looks like fun. Doesn't someone get hurt every time you play. I think you guys are cursed.

Megan

Great pictures, Carrina, esp. Fred and Laura. I can't believe Squeak on the monkey bars. I'd have to duck tape Eve up there to get a picture like that, and she'd be screaming, not smiling.

~Kaley~

it was fun :D

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP