Thursday, July 2, 2009

Girls Weekend in Reno

In May, the girls and I spent a three day weekend in Reno. The Parelli's were came to town and we weren't going to miss it. Last year, we traveled all the way to Redmond, Oregon to see them. It's a truly inspiring event for us. This year we brought along some friends. We tried to get all the 4-H girls to come, but we had a little over half of them there. I would say that's a pretty good turnout.

Well, here I am on the phone. This was the first morning there and we were waiting in line. I'm on the phone giving Fred and Trevor directions on how mix up the bottles for the baby goats. Poor boys, they were left to take care of ALL the animals. At least there was no milking for them on this trip :D

These are my friends that came along. The lady on the left was my assistant leader for 4-H. She brought her daughter, also. The lady on the right is a friend that does Parelli with her horses. My girls have worked with her mustangs. Both of them are really nice ladies and we had a good time.




I made sure the hotel we got had a pool. I needed something to occupy these girls in the evening. I think they would have been fine either way. We were so exhausted, anyway. But, they had fun the first night there.


We stayed at a really nice hotel. I was very happy with it. The room was really nice. We had two queen size beds, plus a pull out couch. No one had to sleep on the floor! We had a refrigerator that was well used and a microwave that I'm not sure got used. We had planned on making popcorn, but we were so exhausted every night that we never got around to it.

The breakfast bar was absolutely wonderful. They had pastries, eggs, fruit, toast, muffins, yogurt, cereal, juice, hot chocolate, etc. There was plenty to chose from to keep us going for the day. That was another requirement in choosing the hotel-breakfast included.

The only struggle I really faced on the trip was getting the girls-mostly Kelsey- out of bed in the morning! They were supposed to be ready to go and eat by 8. I didn't think that was too much to ask, but apparently it was a HUGE stretch. For some, it was getting out of bed, for others it took a LONG time to do hair. It's not like there were a lot of boys there to impress. But, I guess you have to always look your best.

Wow, Kaley, those chaps look good on you!











Of course, we had to have pictures with the stars!!
















Saturday evening, the Parelli's hosted a dance for everyone. The girls had a great time. I had to drag them back to the hotel. I knew I had another morning of waking them up. They even wanted to watch a movie when we got back. That got vetoed!!!! I was beat.
Everywhere we went, Kaley gave us a blow by blow. She was a wonderful tour guide. Thanks, Kaley, for guiding us through the wonderful city of Reno, Nevada.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist E' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP